Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 4

This morning we woke up early to the 'Ra Ra' parade that was walking the streets at 4:30am. Well, it kept Mom & Dad up. I was so tired from the day before, that I heard it, rolled back over, and went back to sleep till 7:00.

We went to church up at the Missions church. I missed part of the service due to David's leaking diaper (luckily, I had on a fast drying skirt and had packed some extra clothes for David!). The service is entirely in Creole, so I can't understand any of it, but the energy in the room is contagious. They sure know how to praise God! Willem called Dad up front toward the end of the service along with a missionary from the states to have a Dance Off.The missionary won as the best white man dancer :-P but Dad did awfully well to earn a second place finish.


At the end of service we headed back down the mountain. (Mom & I took the 4-wheeler down). And then we went out for lunch at a nice restaurant. Dad got to try goat, which was a hit.




David basically sat on my lap throughout this entire time (roughly 5 hours) and so he was getting awfully antsy by the time we made it back to the guesthouse for the afternoon. Mix that with a lack of nap and he was a crazy ball of energy that never stopped until he fell fast asleep early evening.

We got an unexpected surprise of a sleep over, because Rachel ended up getting stuck at a family event for the night. No complaints here :-) As I type this, David is sleeping beside me, curled up tight, with his bottom stuck straight up in the air. I’m going to miss this little boy so much when we leave!