Friday, June 1, 2007

Chicago Trip went smoothly

My trip to Chicago on Thursday went very smoothly. After getting to the Secretary of State's office I was in and out with my authenticated documents within 15 minutes. I'm really glad that I went (rather than sending things through the mail), because there was 1 document that had been notarized incorrectly and so they would have had to send it back to me to fix if I hadn't been there. Instead, I was able to take care of it right then and there. The Haitian Consulate was about a 2 minute walk down State Street from the Sec of State, and I was in and out of there in about 5 minutes. Quick and easy! One day trip to Chicago saved us a few weeks of mail going back and forth. If only there hadn't been traffic on the Dan Ryan and parking costs weren't atrocious! :-P